Coke and Menthos

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Multiprotocol chat

I just wanted to bring some attention to a very useful type of free product that I have been using for a while, multiprotocol chat clients. Now to translate that into English, I am talking about programs which allow you to talk to your buddies on msn, aim, and much much more via only 1 program.
So I will write a bit about programs for the PC, the macs and for any internet user.

Mac: Adium
Adium is the program I currently use for all my communication needs. It has been the best program for me as it is completely customizable (and it is easily done), it has growl notifications (a little bubble appears on your screen saying what someone just wrote to you) and is free! There is nothing wrong with this program, so here comes some links!

Official site: www.adiumx.com

PC: Trillian

Trillian is a free chat program but you have to pay for the "pro" version. I personnaly got my fix with the free version so I see no reason to pay (besides to donate). This program is also fully customizable which is nice
Here is a link: www.ceruleanstudios.com

Web platform: Meebo

Meebo is the equivalent of these two platforms, except it is browser based and hence does not have the same ability to be customized or to perform as well. The site is nice and it is quite useful to communicate with friend wherever you go, so here is a link: www.meebo.com

Have fun chatting!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home