Coke and Menthos

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Protest

Well I'm off to a protest tomorrow against the genocide performed by the Chinese and the fact that the olympic games are being held in China. Let me enlighten you on what I am fighting for:

The Olympic games stand for the unison of countries, freedom and getting toghether. China, on the other hand, is a communist dictatorship that censors quite alot of information, here are some examples:
many sites are blocked in China (checked it myself, ebay for example is)
Some history is censored (search Tiananmen square on google images here, you get this picture: http://ramblingsofpassion.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/051201_tiananmen-square_ex.jpg
yes the tanks ended up rolling over and killing him during his peaceful protest. Now search for the same thing in china and you will only get tourist photos of the place, no sign of the protest.)

Now the genocide. Ever heard of Tibet? A Boudhist country where no valued resources are present and that never did anything harmful to China? Yep they are invaded, and China is committing genocide for no good reason...
Secondly, they are doing some more genocide in Soudan! Yep they encourage it and help it.

Now I am protesting tomorrow because the olympic torch is coming in our city. This is the only moment where China will look and see the protesters. This will also be mediatized and will get the information through to other countries and people.

Other than that im skipping class to go, and my parents wont sign a note. My dad says that I will have to assume the consequences the school throws at me, but I find political views more important than missing 3 hours of school, and the punishment will be nothing compared to what im trying to stop.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home